Sunday, October 23, 2011

Artist Interview – Graciano Castillo Espinosa (Chanito)

Leave a Comment

About the artist

Since I was a child I’ve had an interest in the arts. I liked all arts like dance, paint and drawing and like every child I really loved colored pencils. I liked them so much that I didn’t like to sharpen my colored pencils, hehe – sounds crazy but that’s the truth and I always keep that on my mind.
ChanitoMy father didn’t like my advocation for the plastic arts. He thought it was a waste of time but I always said “When you are born for something no one can take you out of the path.” I remember when I started to design simple graphics in Microsoft Paint it made me feel proud. Yes, Microsoft Paint awoke in me the inspiration and the interest to learn about Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Cinema 4D, AfterEffect among other software.
I then started my career at college with a major in Graphic Design and Advertising and started to work with a TV film producer. After that I jumped into the Agencies world with companies like: McCann Erickson and BBDO. I am 27 years old and am currently working at P4 Ogilvy as a Jr. Art Director.
You can find Chanito’s works here:

Discovering a talent

The truth about the talent is in the love and passion that you show in every work and how you do it, the amount of time and practice that you have with all the software. I’ve learned that it’s not how much you know about the software that counts, it’s what you do with that knowledge. As I tell people, “A designer learns more when they share their knowledge, because other people can improve and generate new ideas.”
I really like it when people comment about my work, in a good or a bad way, because that’s the only way that you ever know your weaknesses and where you have to work out and improve.

Favourite software

Photoshop, Illustrator, Cinema 4D, Wacom, Bamboo & Others

The works

Ink Motion
Ink Motion
Himeji Dream
Himeji Dream
The Pinky Boooooon
The Pinky Boooooon
Creative Design
Creative Design
A Green Paradise
A Green Paradise
The Mysteries of the Forest
The Mysteries of the Forest
Extinction
Extinction
Alba Jump
Alba Jump

14 Responses to “Artist Interview – Graciano Castillo Espinosa (Chanito)”

0 comments :

Post a Comment